Self Managed Super Funds
At Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management we specialise in Self Managed Superannuation advice in the Brisbane area and beyond.
Commonly asked questions by our clients considering an SMSF include:
"Is a Self Managed Super Fund right for me?"
"What are the basic rules of a Self Managed Super Fund?"
"What are the common Self Managed Super Fund advantages?"
We take the time to walk our clients through the advantages/disadvantages of establishing an SMSF, to enable them with the information to make an informed decision. We empower our clients with all the facts, rather than leaving them feeling like they need to read a copy of "Self Managed Super Funds for Dummies".
Our Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) offering includes:
- Determining whether a SMSF structure is appropriate
- Setting up SMSFs inclusive of recommending an investment strategy
- Winding up an SMSF
- SMSF accounting and administration
- SMSF compliance
- Consulting on SMSF strategies including superannuation estate planning
- Superannuation trustee education
- Member insurance recommendations
- A yearly review and updates to legislation changes to ensure the strategies employed remain optimal
We endeavour to ensure that:
- Superannuation trustees are aware of their responsibilities so that the SMSFs remain compliant
- All possible superannuation strategies are utilised
Self Managed Super Strategies
There are many superannuation strategies that are typically unique to SMSFs because most mainstream superannuation trustees don't allow such flexibility. These include:
- Investment choice including business real property, artwork, investment properties and non-controlling stakes in non-listed entities
- Borrowing for investments using either Contract for Differences (CFDs) or instalment warrants
- Intergenerational tax and superannuation estate planning
- Tax deductibility of insurance payouts
- Tailored superannuation estate planning
- Utilising reserves - SMSF reserves include:
Superannuation Estate Planning
It is important to note that superannuation moneys do not form part of a person’s estate, which is why superannuation estate planning is paramount. Our SMSF estate planning advice is tax orientated and can be individually tailored for specific outcomes.
Financial Planning Services
As a wealth management firm, we offer investment advice. We are however happy for clients to engage us for SMSF advice and SMSF administration only.
Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management is conveniently located on the outskirts of Brisbane's CBD.
" I have been very impressed with the service that Chris Humphrey has supplied. He was able to take my complicated tax and insurance situation and provide a clear and concise investment strategy. The personal service that Chris has given me has been greatly appreciated. "
Michael Oberhardt - Principal Geologist at Arrow Energy