Our SMSF Administration Service
Located in Brisbane, our SMSF administration service is tailored to you and your fund. As a minimum, our service will include:
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Member Benefit Statements and all necessary annual minutes;
- Preparation of Income Tax Return;
- Preparation of all documents required for audit;
- Arrangement of audit with a registered SMSF auditor;
- Arrangement of lodgement of Income Tax Return; and
- Review of Investment Strategy and update (if necessary) to ensure compliance with current legislation.
Depending on your needs, our service may also include the following:
- Arrangement of actuarial certificate;
- Commencement, rollback and commutation of pensions and preparation of all requisite documentation;
- Arrangement of upgrade or variation to SMSF deed as necessary;
- Segregation asset administration;
- Rollover documentation; and
- Fund wind up.
Perks of our Service
The software we use to administer our SMSFs has many advantages to both us as administrators and you as our clients, including:
- Automatic datafeed capabilities: automatic datafeeds are now offered for most major banks and investments. This means, that instead of requesting copies of multiple source documents from you each year, upon your consent, the data will be directly fed to our system every night.
- Automatic datafeeds have the added advantage of regularly updating your fund details so as to show a reliable estimate of your fund’s position at any given time.
- ‘FundWeb Access’ allows you to log in from any location at any time to view your fund details. Using FundWeb, you can monitor your assets, investment performance and status of legal requirements such as pension draw downs to date, and minimum and maximum thresholds for the current financial year.
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
- Complete transparency of transactions
- Wide range of investment options
- Borrowing for shares and property is possible
- Complete control
- Generally cannot pay anti-detriment payments
- Set up costs
- Relatively high running costs where there are minimal member balances
- Additional time required to administer
Superannuation strategies need to be tailored to ensure you are paying minimal tax, creating maximum wealth and ensuring you take full advantage of the possibilities for your family upon your death.
One of these strategies may apply to you if:
- You are between 55 and 65 years of age, working and not on a Transition to Retirement Pension;
- You want to borrow money in your superannuation fund;
- You have excess savings and you are not salary sacrificing into Superannuation;
- You are between 60 and 65 years of age and have recently changed jobs, or are about to;
- Your spouse is older than you and aged 50 or greater;
- Your superannuation fund allows a refund of contribution tax in the event of your death (for more information see Anti-detriment);
- You are aged 51 to 55 and are not utilising a pre-retirement strategy; or
You are receiving an Account Based Pension and are over 60 years of age but younger than 75 and you are not drawing additional pension and re-contributing it back into your superannuation each year (this strategy can save your family $22,500 per year on your death).
Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management is conveniently located on the outskirts of Brisbane's CBD.
"Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management has helped my family with professional financial advice on a number of occasions. Specifically, Chris recently helped me to make decisions regarding my salary packaging options. Chris and his team are always proactive and quick to respond to queries. Chris’ advice has always been relevant and informative, enabling us to make careful decisions about our financial situation and planned future. "