Significant Investor Visa
The Australian Government has introduced a new Visa Stream for investors coming to Australia. This ‘Significant Investor Visa’ is aimed at migrants who are experienced and successful in business or investment. Visa 188 lasts for up to 4 years with opportunity for extension and provides the possibility for permanent residency.
This Significant Investor Visa (Visa 188) has certain requirements that must be met. In order to be accepted, applicants for the Significant Investor Visa need to
- submit their expression of interest through Skill Select (online service)
- be nominated by a State or Territory Government
- make a complying investment of at least 5 million Australian Dollars; complying investments include:
-Commonwealth, State or Territory Government Bonds; and/or
-ASIC regulated managed Funds with a mandate for investing in Australia; and/or
-direct investment into Australian Proprietary companies.
- satisfy other residence requirements
- Applicants for this Visa(188) are not required to satisfy the innovation points test
- There is no upper age limit for applicants
How we can help
We can help holders of Significant Investor Visas in a number of ways. Our advice includes managed fund and bond recommendations, strategic advice on how best to hold the investments and foreign exchange management, especially for those investors who are concerned about the strong Australian dollar.
If you are a significant investor planning to move to Brisbane (Queensland, Australia), or have already moved to Brisbane, contact us to receive quality financial advice individually tailored to your needs.
"Chris and his team at CH Wealth Management have been excellent to deal with for financial planning, estate planning and insurance. I know Chris will look after me and recommend the best direction for our business and for me personally. "
Stu Richardson - Telstra Store Toowong Licensee