If our clients want direct property advice we provide it.
Our property advice includes:
- Discussions of the general characteristics of property.
- Discussions on the differences of apartments, houses, inner city real estate, suburban real estate, mining towns etc.
- Discussions on the different classes of commercial property. (Industrial, retail, office, etc).
- Determining the most appropriate level of gearing (negative and positive).
- Property ownership structures - Joint tenants, tenants in common, discretionary trusts, superannuation funds etc.
- Tax minimisation including in the event of capital gains, depreciation and the building allowance.
- Principal Place of Residence Capital Gains Tax exemption.
- Property ownership asset protection strategy - in the event of litigation or bankruptcy.
- Avoiding Land Tax where possible.
- Debt reduction strategies.
- Borrowing in a Self Managed Super Fund.
- Ensuring adequate insurance in the event of ill health to avoid the possibility of a forced sale.
- Determining whether a property is regarded as business real property for superannuation purposes.
- Stamp duty issues.
- First home owners grant.
- First Home Saver Accounts.
What our property advice does not cover
- Marketing and specific recommendations of properties.
" I am exceptionally happy with the quality of the advice and service that I continue to receive from Chris. I am impressed with his breadth of knowledge and expertise, and his ability to deliver it in a simple to understand manner. Chris is my first financial adviser and he has never given me a reason to look for an alternate. "
Jason Banks - State Manager Home Improvement Retailer