Fee for Service
At Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management, we operate on a fee for service model. A fee-for-service model is very different from a commission model, which has been the traditional method of remuneration adopted by many financial planning practices. Our fee model allows you to choose the amount of service and financial advice you require. In essence, it is a user pay approach - we do not assume that the more money you have, the more financial advice you need.
The fee charged depends on:
- the investment needed to complete the service;
- the degree of complexity and level of expertise required to complete the services; and
- any risks associated with providing the service.
We split our investment advice and associated portfolio management from financial advice. This allows us to target fees according to your particular and unique needs: investment and/or financial advice.
We encourage you to receive a comprehensive financial plan when you first come to us because it facilitates an understanding of your personal situation, so we can provide the right advice for you. In most cases, because a comprehensive financial plan will remain effective for many years we encourage and foster a strong ongoing partnership with you.
Reasons for having to change a comprehensive financial plan may include:
- legislation changes; and
- changes in personal circumstances (eg health, marriage/divorce, change of job/careers, change of countries, etc).
We will encourage you to participate in a yearly review to ensure your financial plans remain current, changing according to your needs.
Our investment advice and associated portfolio management fees are based on the investment by advisors placed on client portfolios.
All of our Investment Portfolio Management fees include:
- Monitoring the investment performance of investment managers
- Seeking new investment managers and replacing them when required
- All fees and commissions from investment products will be credited to your cash management trust on receipt
- You will receive secure access to view your investment portfolio online
- We will respond within 48 hours to any telephone, fax or email queries from you
- Any associated investment administration
- Answering portfolio investment queries
- Possible Strategic review meeting(s) to ensure that your financial plan remains relevant and on track to achieving your goals
- Year-end tax reports and clarity around them
- ‘Unlimited’ general financial advice (subject to fair use).
"Chris and his team at CH Wealth Management have been excellent to deal with for financial planning, estate planning and insurance. I know Chris will look after me and recommend the best direction for our business and for me personally. "
Stu Richardson - Telstra Store Toowong Licensee