Retirement Case Study
|Apartment||$800,000 - unencumbered|
|Children||Chloe age 29, Isabel 25 and Oliver age 32|
|Insurance||Adequate general & personal insurance|
- Ascertain desired spending requirements for retirement.
- Consider Superannuation Pensions such as account based pensions and converting lifetime complying pensions into market linked pensions.
- Ascertain whether Bob and Jane want to preserve capital during retirement (so that capital can be transferred to their children and/or grandchildren).
- Determine investments - including their capital and income characteristics - to analyse cash flows and tax planning opportunities.
- Ensure that there is no personal insurance.
- Estate planning, including superannuation assets which do not form part of a person’s estate,
- Enduring Powers of Attorneys, medical directives, etc.
"Chris and his team have helped tremendously in organising my income protection insurance and ensuring my cover is held in the most tax effective manner. The process was very straight forward and all insurance options were explained clearly so I was able to make an informed decision on what cover I wanted. "