Retirement Case Study
|Apartment||$800,000 - unencumbered|
|Children||Chloe age 29, Isabel 25 and Oliver age 32|
|Insurance||Adequate general & personal insurance|
- Ascertain desired spending requirements for retirement.
- Consider Superannuation Pensions such as account based pensions and converting lifetime complying pensions into market linked pensions.
- Ascertain whether Bob and Jane want to preserve capital during retirement (so that capital can be transferred to their children and/or grandchildren).
- Determine investments - including their capital and income characteristics - to analyse cash flows and tax planning opportunities.
- Ensure that there is no personal insurance.
- Estate planning, including superannuation assets which do not form part of a person’s estate,
- Enduring Powers of Attorneys, medical directives, etc.
" Chris provided me with timely, extremely valuable, unbiased advice on a number of occasions. He is very skilled at understanding one's particular circumstances and tailoring the advice he gives accordingly. I have every confidence in his expertise and integrity and am happy that he is managing our financial affairs. "
Dr Penelope Brassey