Australian Expat Case Study
Tim is 27 years of age and has just moved to China where he envisages that he will spend the next 5 years of his life. Tim envisages he will be able to save around $100,000 AUD per year. Before departing Australia for China, Tim purchased a house. He is now renting the house.
- Ascertain Tim’s Australian tax residency status.
- Determine a strategy to send money back to Australia at a favourable exchange rate.
- Look at investing in Australian equities. This will take advantage of the capital gains tax exemption.
- Determine whether personal insurance policies are still valid while living in China.
- Consider possible gearing.
"Chris and his team at CH Wealth Management have been excellent to deal with for financial planning, estate planning and insurance. I know Chris will look after me and recommend the best direction for our business and for me personally. "
Stu Richardson - Telstra Store Toowong Licensee