Australian Expat Case Study
Tim is 27 years of age and has just moved to China where he envisages that he will spend the next 5 years of his life. Tim envisages he will be able to save around $100,000 AUD per year. Before departing Australia for China, Tim purchased a house. He is now renting the house.
- Ascertain Tim’s Australian tax residency status.
- Determine a strategy to send money back to Australia at a favourable exchange rate.
- Look at investing in Australian equities. This will take advantage of the capital gains tax exemption.
- Determine whether personal insurance policies are still valid while living in China.
- Consider possible gearing.
"Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management has helped my family with professional financial advice on a number of occasions. Specifically, Chris recently helped me to make decisions regarding my salary packaging options. Chris and his team are always proactive and quick to respond to queries. Chris’ advice has always been relevant and informative, enabling us to make careful decisions about our financial situation and planned future. "