Australian Expat Case Study
Tim is 27 years of age and has just moved to China where he envisages that he will spend the next 5 years of his life. Tim envisages he will be able to save around $100,000 AUD per year. Before departing Australia for China, Tim purchased a house. He is now renting the house.
- Ascertain Tim’s Australian tax residency status.
- Determine a strategy to send money back to Australia at a favourable exchange rate.
- Look at investing in Australian equities. This will take advantage of the capital gains tax exemption.
- Determine whether personal insurance policies are still valid while living in China.
- Consider possible gearing.
"Since engaging Chris Humphrey, I have benefited from his comprehensive financial, investment and tax knowledge. Chris and his team are always quick to respond to my queries and pro-active in updating me on any changes that may affect my financial situation. "
Dr Jason Stone