Asset Building Case Study
|Salary||$90,000 p.a.||$60,000 p.a.|
|Apartment||$400,000 with $300,000 mortgage|
|Children||Jane is currently pregnant|
|Insurance||Adequate general & no personal insurance|
- Work out a saving plan.
- Focus on paying down debt with the view of upgrading to a family home at some stage.
- Consider the need for asset protection.
- Consider government schemes.
- Consider salary packaging (unlikely to salary sacrifice superannuation).
- Estate planning including superannuation assets which do not form part of a person’s estate, Enduring Powers of Attorneys, medical directives, etc.
- Establish personal insurance to protect Bob, Jane and their future children. Structure the insurance to ensure maximum tax deductibility of premiums.
" I am exceptionally happy with the quality of the advice and service that I continue to receive from Chris. I am impressed with his breadth of knowledge and expertise, and his ability to deliver it in a simple to understand manner. Chris is my first financial adviser and he has never given me a reason to look for an alternate. "
Jason Banks - State Manager Home Improvement Retailer