Asset Building Case Study
|Salary||$90,000 p.a.||$60,000 p.a.|
|Apartment||$400,000 with $300,000 mortgage|
|Children||Jane is currently pregnant|
|Insurance||Adequate general & no personal insurance|
- Work out a saving plan.
- Focus on paying down debt with the view of upgrading to a family home at some stage.
- Consider the need for asset protection.
- Consider government schemes.
- Consider salary packaging (unlikely to salary sacrifice superannuation).
- Estate planning including superannuation assets which do not form part of a person’s estate, Enduring Powers of Attorneys, medical directives, etc.
- Establish personal insurance to protect Bob, Jane and their future children. Structure the insurance to ensure maximum tax deductibility of premiums.
" I contacted Chris Humphrey Private Wealth Management through a website enquiry seeking professional advice including a life insurance review. Chris took the time to fully understand my financial position, goals and needs to provide me with timely, relevant and easy to understand personal advice. This allowed me to make an informed decision about the types of insurance I really needed, my appropriate levels of cover and how to structure my cover to get the best value for my money."