Asset Building Case Study
|Salary||$90,000 p.a.||$60,000 p.a.|
|Apartment||$400,000 with $300,000 mortgage|
|Children||Jane is currently pregnant|
|Insurance||Adequate general & no personal insurance|
- Work out a saving plan.
- Focus on paying down debt with the view of upgrading to a family home at some stage.
- Consider the need for asset protection.
- Consider government schemes.
- Consider salary packaging (unlikely to salary sacrifice superannuation).
- Estate planning including superannuation assets which do not form part of a person’s estate, Enduring Powers of Attorneys, medical directives, etc.
- Establish personal insurance to protect Bob, Jane and their future children. Structure the insurance to ensure maximum tax deductibility of premiums.
" Chris provided me with timely, extremely valuable, unbiased advice on a number of occasions. He is very skilled at understanding one's particular circumstances and tailoring the advice he gives accordingly. I have every confidence in his expertise and integrity and am happy that he is managing our financial affairs. "
Dr Penelope Brassey